Congrats! you're engaged, now what?
Getting engaged is such an exciting time! for those that love planning they are in heaven, for those of us not so keen on planning, it can be daunting! Where to start? venues, celebrants, flowers, cakes, shoes, cars, shoes, accommodation, budgets, guest lists did I mention shoes!
Here's a list to help you get started with venues:
1. Chose a date or time frame
2. Think about what's important to you? Find a space that you love and aligns with your vision (elegant, rustic, indoor, outdoor etc)
3. Draft a guest list so you know what sort of numbers you are looking at
4. Do some research about venues you think will host your dream wedding - look at photos, websites, talk to your friends and family
5. Develop a budget
6. Visit venues that make your shortlist of the ones you love! Go armed with a list of questions so that you don't forget anything. For example, the size of t venue, can it accommodate your numbers?, what's included (tables, linens, chairs, AV etc)?, what sort of catering is available? drinks packages? onsite accommodation? free parking? ceremony site?
Remember the venue managers are there to guide and support you through the planning process, they will have the expertise and wisdom gained from being involved in weddings.
Book a venue you love and everything else will come together. There's lots of support along the way!